Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 4442994 times)

A Tricky Carnie

• (null)
    • View Profile
Re: The Chat Thread
« Reply #24480 on: 09 June, 2017, 08:20:46 AM »
Anyone excited for E3? What do you guys expect out of this year's E3?
I'm excited, mainly to shitpost about and make fun of all the presentations like I do every year. Hope we'll see Todd Howard up there, always gives me the most laughs.

Headshot?

• Oh Sheit, monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24481 on: 09 June, 2017, 09:29:46 AM »
I'm excited, mainly to shitpost about and make fun of all the presentations like I do every year. Hope we'll see Todd Howard up there, always gives me the most laughs.

The presentations always are great to watch - either they're funny or just awful with how "robot" some of them are.

Digwiid

• Donator
  • Four.
    • MSN Messenger - miikokeku@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24482 on: 13 June, 2017, 01:31:10 AM »
Now that Steam Greenlight is dead, let's not forget we got CoF to go through it on the very first batch! Only 10 games got selected originally, and while Greenlight did turn into a shitshow later on, it was pretty great to be part of the first crusade. Also what the hell was that Devolver Digital Press Conference  :pills:

Headshot?

• Oh Sheit, monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24483 on: 13 June, 2017, 12:21:49 PM »
Now that Steam Greenlight is dead, let's not forget we got CoF to go through it on the very first batch! Only 10 games got selected originally, and while Greenlight did turn into a shitshow later on, it was pretty great to be part of the first crusade. Also what the hell was that Devolver Digital Press Conference  :pills:

The real question is.... what the heck was Ubisoft and Sony Conference?  :stig:

A Tricky Carnie

• (null)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24484 on: 13 June, 2017, 04:10:09 PM »
The real question is.... what the heck was Ubisoft and Sony Conference?  :stig:
Sony saved E3, they had the only good E3 Show so far. Bethesda and Ubishit were god awful, and the only things to get excited about from Microsoft's conference were third party titles.

Digwiid

• Donator
  • Four.
    • MSN Messenger - miikokeku@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24485 on: 13 June, 2017, 11:21:25 PM »
Sony saved E3, they had the only good E3 Show so far. Bethesda and Ubishit were god awful, and the only things to get excited about from Microsoft's conference were third party titles.
METRO BRUH
Also the Undertale trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zO5hKz4cI
That locket is looking pretty good!
ALSO GODDAMN BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 FINALLY WOOO

A Tricky Carnie

• (null)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24486 on: 14 June, 2017, 05:16:17 AM »
Also the Undertale trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zO5hKz4cI
Oh boy, can't wait to play an overrated "totes meta" game on Playstation now. :stig:

Headshot?

• Oh Sheit, monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24487 on: 14 June, 2017, 05:59:04 AM »

Microsoft Conference was actually pretty good, plenty of decent games (including some indie titles) and showed off loads of goods to come (backwards compatibility to the first Xbox, Xbox One X). Sony, on the other hand, was really lackluster imo - the last 10 minutes was where the good games started to roll in, and I was expecting more out of them :/ .

Nintendo Conference on the other hand.... pretty much got everyone saying, "Take my money!"

A Tricky Carnie

• (null)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24488 on: 14 June, 2017, 07:06:52 AM »
Sony, on the other hand, was really lackluster imo - the last 10 minutes was where the good games started to roll in, and I was expecting more out
Maybe it's just a difference of tastes, but Days Gone, Monster Hunter Worlds, Shadow of the Colossus, and Spider-Man all looked really good, and the first three looked were earlier in the show. God of War seemed alright, but I'm worried that they're changing the gameplay too much from the original games. Don't really care about any of the VR games because I don't really feel like dropping the money for something I won't use a lot. Detroit: Become Human looks like it's going to be really bad tbh.

Most of what looked good for Microsoft's were 3rd party games that are going to be cross-platform anyway. It felt really sad that Microsoft is showing a bunch indie 2D Sidecscrollers to show off it's fancy new 4K model after having a streak of disappointing or canceled exclusives. Nothing MS showed really made me want to dust off the XBone and plug it back in. Crackdown looks like a pretty cool exclusive, but it's coming to Windows 10 so I'm not too concerned with how well the horribly named "XBox One X" is going to run it.

The multiplat games in either conference didn't get Sony or Microsoft any points in my opinion because I'm just going to get them on PC anyway. CoD:WW2 looked nice, but I'd get it on PC. Destiny 2 looked cool, but I'd get in PC. Marvel VS Capcom Infinite is another multiplat that'd I'd get on PC, but it is missing a bunch of characters that I like, so it's not worth it until the inevitably release some sort of enhanced version, or even a second enhanced version as Capcom loves to do with their fighting games. Metro looked cool, but it's not a XBox exclusive, so it doesn't win Microsoft any favor with me. Same with the Dragonball fighter, it looks really good, but I'm not going to get it on XBox (especially considering that if the matchmaking is worldwide, a huge portion of the playerbase is probably going to be on PS4).

Nintendo's conference seemed pretty cool. 2 new Metroid games is a plus and I'll probably enjoy Fire Emblem Warriors. The new Yoshi and Kirby games lack any real info other than a brief bit of gameplay and a 2018 release Window. I don't really care about Rocket League tbh, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looked really unexciting. Splatoon 2, Arms, and Pokken Tournament I'm excited for, and I'm glad to hear a Pokemon RPG for the Switch is in development.

Headshot?

• Oh Sheit, monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24489 on: 14 June, 2017, 11:23:25 AM »
Maybe it's just a difference of tastes, but Days Gone, Monster Hunter Worlds, Shadow of the Colossus, and Spider-Man all looked really good, and the first three looked were earlier in the show. God of War seemed alright, but I'm worried that they're changing the gameplay too much from the original games. Don't really care about any of the VR games because I don't really feel like dropping the money for something I won't use a lot. Detroit: Become Human looks like it's going to be really bad tbh.

Nintendo's conference seemed pretty cool. 2 new Metroid games is a plus and I'll probably enjoy Fire Emblem Warriors. The new Yoshi and Kirby games lack any real info other than a brief bit of gameplay and a 2018 release Window. I don't really care about Rocket League tbh, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looked really unexciting. Splatoon 2, Arms, and Pokken Tournament I'm excited for, and I'm glad to hear a Pokemon RPG for the Switch is in development.

Yeah, I agree Days Gone, Monster Hunter, Shadows of the Colossus and Spider-man were the good things from Sony, the VR stuff was kinda caca.

And yeah, some titles announced at the Microsoft Conference are releasing on different platforms too, but the announcement of those few got me excited, especially Metro Exodus :yow: . I'd love to try out, "The Last Night" though - those pixel games got a soft spot in my heart if it catches my eye.

Khirin-Deanne///

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24490 on: 15 June, 2017, 02:13:39 AM »
hopefully I didn't bother anyone here or be very off topic but
is it okay to post art here..? Sorry about this I don't wanna be a terrible person.

Shad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24491 on: 15 June, 2017, 07:01:14 PM »

mfw they showed last of us part 2 footage to press only

Headshot?

• Oh Sheit, monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24492 on: 16 June, 2017, 05:52:45 AM »
*picture*
mfw they showed last of us part 2 footage to press only

They didn't want to show it off during the showcase because they didn't want to "distract" the other titles they were gonna show :stig:

Khirin-Deanne///

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24493 on: 16 June, 2017, 08:14:48 AM »
Here's a drawing I did yesterday. Hopefully it sent in, i'm not the best artist out here but here.

https://khiringc.tumblr.com/post/161817083229/some-cry-of-fear-fan-art-i-currently-did

(sorry that it's a link, I tried putting in the attachment in but it kept on giving me a error for some reason.)

Headshot?

• Oh Sheit, monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24494 on: 16 June, 2017, 10:44:51 AM »
Here's a drawing I did yesterday. Hopefully it sent in, i'm not the best artist out here but here.

https://khiringc.tumblr.com/post/161817083229/some-cry-of-fear-fan-art-i-currently-did

(sorry that it's a link, I tried putting in the attachment in but it kept on giving me a error for some reason.)

Dude, that looks really cool! Keep it up!