Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 4210566 times)

Digwiid

• Donator
  • Four.
    • MSN Messenger - miikokeku@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: The Chat Thread
« Reply #23700 on: 19 March, 2015, 04:00:58 PM »
So hey ruMpel, have you thought about making the next Payday 2 Halloween event into a nightmare that involves pills and monsters?  :yow:

ruMpel

• Lead & Level/General Artist
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Cry of Fear
    • Email
« Reply #23701 on: 20 March, 2015, 02:50:37 AM »
 :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow:

Fox Powers

• otherwise known as foxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23702 on: 20 March, 2015, 04:48:18 AM »
cof and aom dlc for payday2 now :joebiden:

ZikShadow

• Somehow, i'm still alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23703 on: 20 March, 2015, 01:26:26 PM »
From modder to straight out developer.

Congrats.

bzt

• Iím a liar-entertained.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23704 on: 21 March, 2015, 12:42:33 AM »
cof and aom dlc for payday2 now :joebiden:

Next time ruMpel could put an easter egg in a map
Nope.

A Tricky Carnie

• (null)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23705 on: 21 March, 2015, 12:45:05 AM »
That'd be cool. :yow:

ZikShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23706 on: 24 March, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »
Well...

My life is going through some shit currently...

In about the next 2 weeks i'm going to have my high school national final exam, of which the good or bad of the grades pretty much determines my utter fate.

If i managed to get myself into a college of which i would need to take another bunch of exams in, i would have to go far away from home to a boarding house near where the college is, due to how far away the bloody colleges are from my home.

Which means that i would need to find myself an actual job during my college years to help support myself alongside the money my dad would've gave me (Won't be enough though, he already has enough debt already, probably have to mortgage the family home), which is pretty shitty considering my nation's economy (Rp.1 here equals $0.000077 out there) and the serious difficulty of getting a good job with an actual balanced pay around here.

With probably way less internet use since there's absolutely no modem out there unless i use my small dinky phone, which means i won't be here a lot than when i was at home, nor modding other games in my probable massive lack of spare time.

And with the increase of criminal activity around here involving stealing, killing, robbing on the streets, house robbing, and a bunch of other stuff, i'm going to have to actually watch my back for real this time, even learning ways to defend myself with my hand would probably won't be enough since some of those criminals have actual guns.

My dad even had to send my sister far away to my dad's sister care, since he lack the monetary funds to support her and are currently suffering from stress taking care of our home ever since my mom left him.

I'm pretty much scared and feeling anxious at this situation, i've never had to face a wall of problems like these before, and somewhat worried that nobody can really help me in the thing that is the world outside of my general area before.

ruMpel

• Lead & Level/General Artist
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Cry of Fear
    • Email
« Reply #23707 on: 25 March, 2015, 06:21:01 AM »
That sound really rough Zikshadow. Dunno what to say :/

Nokess

• Nahh
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Nokess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23708 on: 25 March, 2015, 08:00:25 AM »
Be cool man :))
Still around

A Tricky Carnie

• (null)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23709 on: 25 March, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »
Zikshadow, you seem like a pretty smart guy so as long as you don't stress out too much over your exams and make sure you study adequately your grades should be fine (pretty generic advice I know but that situation sounds a lot like my own about half a year ago and that's what helped me). I don't know how it works over there, but if it's anything like it is here, try your damnedest and shoot for whatever scholarships you are eligible for (again, generic advice but it is the truth).

As for feeling unsafe right now, I really don't know what to say other than to do what you're doing right now and learn various ways to defend yourself in case you need it (hopefully you won't). If it's not against the law I'd recommend getting some sort of non-lethal self defense tool, such as a telescopic baton, to use in case shit really hits the fan (though something like that should really only be used as last resort, I'd always recommend trying use the most non-confrontational means of keeping yourself safe first). Also have you ever considered eventually studying abroad? I know it can be tough leaving home, let alone the country, but maybe if things really are as dangerous as you make it seem it could be an option (though that does go back to making sure you really do give school your all so you can get scholarships for that kind of stuff).

The only thing I can think of to say to you about your family situation is that it sounds pretty tough, but I really do hope you and your family can come out okay.

ZikShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23710 on: 25 March, 2015, 04:03:39 PM »
Thank you all.

I'll do my best.

I'll let you guys know if something else comes up.

Hope that this windstorm passes by.

Shad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23711 on: 25 March, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »
Good luck Zikshadow. My advice is think things through, your mind often makes things more scary than they actually are. As for self-defense carrying a weapon is good but survival is key priority. avoid actual combat unless its one-on-one, even then the first one to get a good hit in is usually the winner; don't even think about getting a weapon out if approached by a group though.
Carry only the essentials and escalating a situation makes the outcome much more painful than it needs to be imo :simon:

ZikShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23712 on: 25 March, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
Well, things are looking up, slightly, but wonderful if i can manage it.

After some very extensive internet search, thank goodness for search engines...

Me and my dad managed to found a college that's not as holy-handgrenade-of-antioch expensive as the others, another major plus is that the location is actually in my hometown, reachable by motorbike!

Still far enough that i would need a vehicle to go fast in the mornings, but no need for room rents on someone else's house or staying in a place i'm pretty much lost in.

Just have to get the good grades necessary.

Wish me luck!

mikkomies

• Loved this place
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23713 on: 26 March, 2015, 04:29:07 PM »
Good luck Zikshadow! Just keep calm and stay determined and you can make it!

Hello guys. Glad to see stuffs still going on here. Been working lately and catching up on games so haven't visited this place for a while but i'll start lurking again. Maybe i'll just put this as my home page  ;D

So how are you people and what games are you playing and getting? I saw a discussion on HM2 and really? Not as good as the predecessor? I haven't played it yet so no spoilers please. I got bloodborne and LOVING it so far and i have been playing Dead or Alive 5 last round too. Getting hype for MKX of which i ordered the Kollector's edition.  8)

And sweet to see Andreas in Overkills video. I got into Payday 2 myself a while ago and glad to see that my favorite dev is onboard  :yow:

My TKIV 85 Fiona. 7.62x53R

A Tricky Carnie

• (null)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23714 on: 27 March, 2015, 05:13:23 AM »
So how are you people and what games are you playing and getting?
Been playing Elder Scrolls Online now that the sub is dropped. Fun game, just not something I'd pay monthly for. Also been getting back into Civ 5 (R.I.P. social life). :yow:
When I get my paycheck deposited, probably gonna pick up Bloodborne and possibly Arma III since its on sale on steam, just depends on how much dosh I have.