Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 4210557 times)

levit123

• Donator
  • I'm the leader, mapper, and animator of Alone.
    • View Profile
    • Alone - Cry of Fear Mod
Re: The Chat Thread
« Reply #23895 on: 05 August, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
I remember wanting to try escargot (fancily-cooked snails, for you non-aristocratic scrubl0rds  :joebiden: ) ever since I was five years old (I was a fuckin' WEIRD kid). When I was 13, I finally tried them, and thought that they were decent, all things considered. I woke up in the middle of the night to find my bed and carpet covered in vomit (I had gotten sick in my sleep so fast that I didn't wake up right away). I ran to the bathroom, and when I "got sick" into the toilet, the "sickness" was so warm that, and I kid you not, there were wisps of steam rising from the toilet water once they came into contact with each other.

Screw you, French cuisine :stig: Screw you.
Are you surprised when sentences don't end as you potato?

Plumtree

• Donator
  • The only emotion cats feel is pity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23896 on: 05 August, 2015, 08:54:06 AM »
Any new info on that AoM remake? The wait is killing me, its like in the back of my mind but it just randomly pops up every once in a little while. I haven't been on this forum in a little bit, glad to see other people are still active!
That wasn't very cash money of you.

ZikShadow

• Somehow, i'm still alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23897 on: 05 August, 2015, 08:58:34 AM »
Honestly, what with stuff that Andreas has been working on lately, i just simply put AoM remake on the same waiting shelf as HL3, STALKER 2, Rayman 4, and Powerslave 2.

levit123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23898 on: 05 August, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »
Any new info on that AoM remake? The wait is killing me, its like in the back of my mind but it just randomly pops up every once in a little while

I haven't heard anything, but, at the same time, I haven't done too much digging. I remember seeing that ruMpel posted screenshots of some in-game stuff on the "Work-in-Progress" thread a while back, but no one can actually see them anymore, 'cuz the links are dead.

Maybe ruMpel will see this thread and re-post them, or give us info?

heartypunch

• View Profile
« Reply #23899 on: 05 August, 2015, 09:16:43 AM »
Honestly, what with stuff that Andreas has been working on lately, i just simply put AoM remake on the same waiting shelf as HL3, STALKER 2, Rayman 4, and Powerslave 2.

What else has he been working on? I'm out of the loop.

levit123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23900 on: 05 August, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
He's working at Overkill studios.

He's too busy, you know, creating unneeded DLC that doesn't change anything  :barry: :barry: :barry:

Fox Powers

• otherwise known as foxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23901 on: 05 August, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »
This little incident reminds me of when i ate oysters about a few years ago.
Couldn't stop going to the bathroom for an entire day, situation got worse when it's the same day where my family travels for new clothes and stuff so i had to use the mall's bathroom for a while.

Got traumatized hard that i decided that i would never eat oysters ever again.
i suffered a similar situation to you but with some weird thing that is a little bread with some sauce thing on top, no idea of its english name, the deal is it had homemade mayonaisse and it was expired, you can figure out therest by yourself

thankfully in my case it only lasted a couple of days but the stomach damage was therefor like 3 months, maybe less i dunno it happened a fuckton of time ago when i was a wee lad

Plumtree

• Donator
  • The only emotion cats feel is pity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23902 on: 05 August, 2015, 02:39:18 PM »
I know hes probably busy with Overkill stuff, so of course hes gotta have his priorities straight, but man those screenshots looked nice!! Afraid of Monsters is like my first and favorite horror game ever, so anything related to it excites me. I just hope it comes out sometime before I'm dead! I can't really think of any good horror games to look forward too, especially since Silent Hills got cancelled a while back. The horror game genre is such a tease!
That wasn't very cash money of you.

Pocot

• Donator
  • Respectful non-believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23903 on: 05 August, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »
I remember wanting to try escargot (fancily-cooked snails, for you non-aristocratic scrubl0rds  :joebiden: ) ever since I was five years old (I was a fuckin' WEIRD kid). When I was 13, I finally tried them, and thought that they were decent, all things considered. I woke up in the middle of the night to find my bed and carpet covered in vomit (I had gotten sick in my sleep so fast that I didn't wake up right away). I ran to the bathroom, and when I "got sick" into the toilet, the "sickness" was so warm that, and I kid you not, there were wisps of steam rising from the toilet water once they came into contact with each other.

Screw you, French cuisine :stig: Screw you.
That's not Frtench cuisine's fault  :stig:
Don't eat spoilt shit  :stig:
Escargot are really good, when they are not rotten  :stig: :stig: :stig:
"RE4 changed, RE5 Killed and RE6 hid the body. And revelations just tried to tell the family everythings going to be alright" (Mikkomies)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007730048/

ZikShadow

• Somehow, i'm still alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23904 on: 05 August, 2015, 06:57:24 PM »
Suddenly, i have this want to go get some fried Gourami with a warm plate of rice and some Padang chili.

Seafood is actually really awesome when they don't screw with your body.

heartypunch

• View Profile
« Reply #23905 on: 06 August, 2015, 01:48:35 AM »
All food is awesome when it doesn't screw with your body.  :joebiden:

Also I'm now suddenly craving bubble tea, but we don't have any places nearby that actually make it.  :'(
I've had watermelon, green apple, strawberry and milk tea, but milk tea is my favorite. Sure all bubble tea is sweet, but for milk tea it was nice and pleasant and not overbearing.

Pocot

• Donator
  • Respectful non-believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23906 on: 06 August, 2015, 01:53:19 AM »
Suddenly, i have this want to go get some fried Gourami with a warm plate of rice and some Padang chili.

Seafood is actually really awesome when they don't screw with your body.
Just checked what Gourami is, and now I'm hungry. No thank you, ZikShadow  :stig: :stig: :stig:
"RE4 changed, RE5 Killed and RE6 hid the body. And revelations just tried to tell the family everythings going to be alright" (Mikkomies)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007730048/

ruMpel

• Lead & Level/General Artist
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Cry of Fear
    • Email
« Reply #23907 on: 09 August, 2015, 12:07:15 PM »
Afraid of Monsters remake won't probably ever come out. Only if we have our own studio with people working on it full time with payment. And that is a pretty hard achievement.

However, the AoM remaster, called AoM: Dark Assistance, might come out this or next year. It's still the same 'ol AoM in GoldSrc, but with co-op, some new features and some improved graphics.

Jadeallen2018

• The Cringemeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #23908 on: 09 August, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »
Afraid of Monsters remake won't probably ever come out. Only if we have our own studio with people working on it full time with payment. And that is a pretty hard achievement.

However, the AoM remaster, called AoM: Dark Assistance, might come out this or next year. It's still the same 'ol AoM in GoldSrc, but with co-op, some new features and some improved graphics.

Sounds really good to me! I've been looking forward to some new features with AoM. It really reminds me of back then when people on the forum were talking about an AoM campaign but with CoF graphics.
                    I was quite the idiot back in 2012.

Fox Powers

• otherwise known as foxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23909 on: 09 August, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »

will dark assistance be a standalone like cof or it will still requiere half life to work