Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 4313369 times)

ruMpel

• Lead & Level/General Artist
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Cry of Fear
    • Email
Re: The Chat Thread
« Reply #24510 on: 22 July, 2017, 01:43:09 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/6ontq5/survivor_idea_simon_henriksson_cry_of_fear/
Caught my eye and definitely agree with the person that Simon would be a perfect fit for Dead by Daylight, he already looks like he could be a legit Survivor in the game.  :barry:

Awesome. I'll see what I can do to make it happen. ;)

Digwiid

• Donator
  • Four.
    • MSN Messenger - miikokeku@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24511 on: 22 July, 2017, 10:50:16 PM »
Awesome. I'll see what I can do to make it happen. ;)
Only real problem i see is coming up with 3 unique perks for Simon, since so far every other survivor has that going for them. The devs are also really close to releasing a new "chapter" which is basically a new map, a killer and a survivor combo. They also seem to be really slow to do anything related to adding content to the game, but hey! This might be a really good and easy way for them to get their Halloween content set up, maybe even throw in David Leatherhoff while at it?  :joebiden:

Also i would totally be down for some Kill Your Friends sometime, or if people don't yet have DbD, we'll grab it in the next sale and have a go at it then.

Some perk ideas thrown around with mikkomies: Simon having been in constant use with medicine makes him more proficient in using them, speeding up his healing time, but these come with slight negatives with higher ranks, causing Simon to experience Slight/Moderate/Considerable hallucinations, making his heartbeat not reliable.
Simons bag let's him carry an extra item with him into the trial, this item is Considerably/Moderately/Slightly less proficient.
After having written his own book, Simon is more proficient with the map, giving him the location of 3/4/5 generators at the start of the trial and his map reading range is twice as effective.
 (this one is kind of iffy, couldn't come up with anything.)
« Last Edit: 22 July, 2017, 11:52:58 PM by Digwiid »

A Tricky Carnie

• (null)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24512 on: 23 July, 2017, 02:36:10 AM »
Since every Survivor usually comes with a killer, who would be the killer with Simon? Sawrunner/Sawer/Sawcrazy might seem a little redundant just because the Hillbilly already has a chainsaw (though it isn't his primary weapon). Carcass might be a bit too out there; that would leave the possibilities of Purnell, who's special could be the gun or nightvision (both of which would be kind of OP), or Book Simon but he might be confusing to players who aren't familiar with CoF.

However it goes, it would be cool to see. :yow:

Digwiid

• Donator
  • Four.
    • MSN Messenger - miikokeku@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24513 on: 23 July, 2017, 02:58:14 AM »
Since every Survivor usually comes with a killer, who would be the killer with Simon? Sawrunner/Sawer/Sawcrazy might seem a little redundant just because the Hillbilly already has a chainsaw (though it isn't his primary weapon). Carcass might be a bit too out there; that would leave the possibilities of Purnell, who's special could be the gun or nightvision (both of which would be kind of OP), or Book Simon but he might be confusing to players who aren't familiar with CoF.

However it goes, it would be cool to see. :yow:
They did release Bill for free without a killer too, so maybe in the same vein for Simon? Dunno, just throwing it out there.

mikkomies

• Loved this place
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24514 on: 23 July, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »
Nah a CoF themed killer wouldn't be necessary. I really can't think of a fun and functional one.

OH WAIT. WHEELCHAIR SIMON  :wheelchair:

My TKIV 85 Fiona. 7.62x53R

Headshot?

• Oh Sheit, monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24515 on: 27 July, 2017, 07:34:02 AM »
Nah a CoF themed killer wouldn't be necessary. I really can't think of a fun and functional one.

OH WAIT. WHEELCHAIR SIMON  :wheelchair:

Book Simon with his Sledgehammer :barry:

NinjaWitaSniper

• You are always alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24516 on: 08 September, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
Dropping in to say hello <3

NinjaWitaSniper

• You are always alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24518 on: 13 September, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »

DragonNOR

• Voice Actor - Simon
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24519 on: 26 September, 2017, 05:11:47 AM »
That it has, how long was it since you were here last?  :stig:

Takazoid

• I came here to kick ass and kick ass
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24520 on: 30 October, 2017, 07:19:03 AM »
Oh man this place has not changed one bit... :stig:

Leatherhoff_45

• Fresh One
  • 'Stay calm and breath.'
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #24521 on: 30 October, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »
Glad that people are still alive :^)

jul

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24522 on: 10 November, 2017, 04:37:24 AM »
Just wait until the next horror project, then this place will be alive and filled with familiar names again.  :yow:

DragonNOR

• Voice Actor - Simon
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24523 on: 10 November, 2017, 06:30:43 AM »
He he I miss the early days of the forum when it was bustling with activity  :joebiden:

jul

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24524 on: 12 November, 2017, 02:46:01 AM »
So do I, but I'm a patient man. It's been more than 10 years since I've downloaded the original afraid of monsters and I'l willing to wait for the next project.