Author Topic: Precognition\Vardøger\Paranormal  (Read 4246 times)

DragonNOR

• Voice Actor - Simon
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Precognition\Vardøger\Paranormal
« on: 19 August, 2013, 03:16:26 AM »
Since we don't have enough weird shit going on in this forum, I figured we'd need a thread where people can tell about weird experiences they can't explain  :joebiden:
I can't really get myself to believe nobody else have experienced something like this, but if not treat it as a freak gallery for myself  :joebiden:

For example, In Norway we have a concept known as 'Vardøger' (pronounced ' wahr-the-ger'). It's a kind of precognition, where you get a visual or audible cue as to something that will take place or is taking place that you can't see, but learn later really happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vard%C3%B8ger

So have you guys experienced something akin to this or something else you can't explain? The rules of this thread have to be that it needs to be a personal event, and as far as you can explain true. This is not a thread for 'ghost-stories' in the sense of writing fiction.

I'll go first with mine:

Case 1

Seeing as I have no idea how to classify this one, and it's by far the weirdest experience I've ever had, I'll start off with it. It was in the middle of the night and me and my girlfriend were asleep.
I remember slowly waking up as if noticing something in the room without really being awake to see it. It felt like there was someone there.
The sensation lasted for about four seconds before I felt something come at me. It didn't feel like it wanted to hurt me, it just came.

It felt like a fog of light had passed right through me and kicked off every nerve in my body. Not the kind where you 'jump'. It started off with a sneaking sensation like when you're about to have a cramp, but jumped up the scale to something so cold my body arched in response to a cold electric jolt in bed and I gasped for air. It was like being doused with a bucket of icy water.

When the 'shock' finally subsided, I was all tingly all over my body, like a mix between when you're arm has fallen asleep and it's about to completely awake and getting goosebumps from seeing something really, really scary.

I had a hard time falling asleep again after that.

When morning came, I told my girlfriend of what I'd experienced in the night. She gave me a somewhat puzzled look before saying:

I dreamed of my father tonight.

Her father has been dead for a couple of years.

Case 2

To stick in with the 'ghost' theme for another case, I'll move on to something I experienced not too long ago. It was around the time my girlfriend was getting ready to move to her city of study earlier this year and we had to cram into a size 90/220 bed the last two nights before she moved.

I was lying on the side when I woke up. I hadn't dreamt anything and it was in the middle of the night, but I was wide awake for some reason I couldn't place until I realised what I was looking at.

An old woman in a cowl was standing in front of the big closet that serves as my recording studio booth. For a few seconds I just lay there staring dumbly at her.
There was something about her silhoutte that made her hard to focus on, but from what I could see she had an unreadable facial expression and didn't look like she belonged to our day and age. It didn't feel like she wanted any harm either.

"Lajla. Lajla."

I didn't move but nudged her a bit and grew more acute in my voice. She woke up and asked groggily what was wrong.

The grey old woman slowly faded back into the closet in a movement of the same sort you see from silhouttes if you look at a light for a period of time and then look somewhere else. Like the resulting spots on your eyes fade, the old woman faded away into nothing.

"I just saw an old woman stand looking at us. She floated into the closet" I croaked.

My girlfriend gave a short start and looked at me.

"Don't say things like that!"

"It's true" I said, still not actually believing what I'd seen. "She'd not there anymore now".

I still have no idea who that old woman was.

Case 3

Yesterday I was in the bathroom shaving when I thought I heard somebody call out for me. The voice sounded exactly like my girlfriend, and it had the tone of voice that suggested she wanted to ask if I'd forgotten something important.
Since I was in the apartment with my mother and sound carries pretty badly across rooms, I thought maybe I'd misheard, so leaned up of the bath and asked if my mom had called out to me.

She hadn't.

Later, as I was walking to the store to pick up some things, I turned on my cellphone as it had been out of battery to check if Lajla had tried to call me. Seeing as I've experienced stuff like this on a somewhat regular basis these last few years I was prepared to take my instincts on good faith.

Lajla had tried call me, and when I called her back it was revealed that she had tried to call me at the exact same moment I heard her voice to ask if I remembered to buy my mother a birthdaypresent.

Case 4

A few years back I was on my way to visit one of my best friends at his place. We were going to have a movie night, so I stopped at a grocery store to pick up some snacks. I considered calling him and asking if he wanted to meet me there, but figured he'd already bought the things he wanted earlier.
Keep in mind that I hadn't told him exactly when I'd be there, only that arrive some time during the day.

I managed to walk into the store, turn a corner and walk twenty paces before a picture of my friend hit me. Almost like seeing one of those yearbook pictures in your head if you space out.

I turned on the spot at the exact moment my friend walk around the corner and saw me.

Case 5

Last summer, I worked as a gardener at local farm museum close to where I live. At the time, my girlfriends grandmother was dying. They didn't know when it would happen, only that in all likelyhood she didn't have long left.

As I sat on my knees, weeding, I was suddenly hit by a wave of sudden grief. Like out of nowhere I started to tear up and felt my chest thighten like when you experience something sudden and heartrending. It lasted for about ten seconds before it disappeared as soon as it came.

My girlfriends grandmother had passed, and my girlfriend had learned of it. I got it timechecked to the exact minute she was told.

I've experienced other similar events to this, but these are the most prominent and weirdest ones. I swear that it has all happened, I have no idea how or why in most cases, but to the best of my ability I have recounted every event true and without embellishment.

And the weird thing is that my girlfriend and her family have a history of the same thing, allthough they're a bit more familiar with it and experience it more often. Her mother can usually tell when somebody is about to call that they haven't heard from or talked to for a long time, and my girlfriend, in addition to having the same ability as her mother, once saw a ghostly figure of somebody she went to school with.

Our kids are going to have the weirdest parents  :joebiden:

djzonerz

Re: Precognition\Vardøger\Paranormal
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2013, 03:52:09 AM »
Nice stories,also what if you and your girlfriend have the ability to predict the future?  :joebiden:
And your kids won't have weird parents they will hear some pretty cool stories 

DragonNOR

• Voice Actor - Simon
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2013, 03:55:23 AM »
Nice stories,also what if you and your girlfriend have the ability to predict the future?  :joebiden:
And your kids won't have weird parents they will hear some pretty cool stories

He he, I actually dreamed something that I've only told my girlfriend about. It involves a scene with some friends of mine at a certain place and involves a certain subject.  If it ever occurs in real life, though I doubt it ever will, I'll have witness of it actually having been predicted xD

djzonerz

« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2013, 03:58:28 AM »
He he, I actually dreamed something that I've only told my girlfriend about. It involves a scene with some friends of mine at a certain place and involves a certain subject.  If it ever occurs in real life, though I doubt it ever will, I'll have witness of it actually having been predicted xD
A couple of days/weeks later YOU WERE RIGHT  :joebiden:

DragonNOR

• Voice Actor - Simon
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 19 August, 2013, 04:01:45 AM »
A couple of days/weeks later YOU WERE RIGHT  :joebiden:

You can be damn sure I'll post about it if it does happen  :joebiden:

Purple "Porygon" Towel

• Donator
  • Currently Playing: Skyrim, Watching: Soul Eater
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Page...
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 19 August, 2013, 05:20:31 AM »
Hmm... Not exactly sure if this counts, but from 2007-2008 before I went back to India I would have a weird dream where I was crossing jungles, deserts, and valleys. Forward to 2009 my parents come to pick me out of my boarding school for the summer and we have a cross-country tour. I actually saw a Bengal tiger in the brush while we were in Bengal. (Lol, no shit.) The entire trip was two months of my summer vacation, and we went around the country clockwise. Each of my dreams corresponded to one part of the tour. The scary thing was, most of my dreams were incredibly accurate, such as in one where I rode an elephant through New Delhi.
In between disappearing off to RPG gaming sessions and KAWAII DESU BULLSHIT ANIME binges, I tend to log in once in a while...

Pocot

• Donator
  • Respectful non-believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 August, 2013, 05:43:21 AM »
CASE 1:

I already spoke in the IRL Problems Thread, when a member (whose name I can't remember, sorry  :-[) was seeing weird shit during the night, that I already had that kind of experience: at the age of 7-8, I woke up one night, all of a sudden (I can't remember if I made a nighmare before or not, but it could explain my sudden awakening), and I looked to the corner of my dark bedroom, where I saw a glowing silhouette, who I fell it, was my mother. It was just a shape of a human, its outlines were like some electric arc, but seen through some fog: shiny but blurry. I can't understand if it was a illusion due to my young age and the darkness, or if it was any sort of vision, but it was frightening as fuck.

CASE 2:

Exposition: I had a friend (Friend A) who was in love with Girl B, and who didn't know how to approach her. In middle-high school, he had one day some random document to give to a administrative office. He was about to go and give it when I joked about it and said: "hey, imagine if when you enter, there is nobody in the office, and then Girl B arrives with friends, but they wait her outside while she enters the office alone, and you are forced to wait with her until an adult comes back, it would be a fine opportunity to speak with her!".
The next seconds, he entered the office, which was empty, then came Girl B and her friends, who waited her outside while she entered the empty office and waited with my used-to-be friend.

CASE 3:

Another used-to-be friend (Friend C) was in couple with a girl (my future GF1, Bitch), and everybody gambled about how long their couple would last. One day a Bitch's friend said "I'm sure they'll break up on this Sunday!", and, joking, I said "Nah, Sunday is not a working day, they'll wait until Monday (with that kind of smile:  :joebiden:)". On Sunday they had a dispute, and on Monday, they met at the university to officialize the break up.

CASE 4:

I was in couple with Bitch, and one night I had this dream: it was during New Years Eve, and for reasons unknown, we were arguing, and I left her flat with anger and rage, with the knowledge everything was finished between us: I dreamt of our break-up. On the 30th of December, we had a phone arguing, and we broke up for the New Year's Eve. It was the day before, but it was about the expected N-Y Eve's party. Plus I got phone-dumped on New-Year's Eve  :joebiden:

Coincidences? I can't really know.
"RE4 changed, RE5 Killed and RE6 hid the body. And revelations just tried to tell the family everythings going to be alright" (Mikkomies)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007730048/

‌‌‌‌‌goner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 August, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
Futurestuff

Hey you can kinda tell the future!
Do i ever get that pony i want?

On topic: I'm pretty sure i had have plenty of Supernatural stuff happen to me but i somehow cant remember any one of them. But something tells me i should be able to remember because of how scared i was.
« Last Edit: 19 August, 2013, 09:19:19 AM by ‌‌‌‌‌goner »

there was a duck named steve who liked to eat cheese and peas and plant magical seeds whilst swilling mead

Grindor

• Death Metal musician with an album in process!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 19 August, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »
When I was 8-9 years old, I started to see some shadows outside of my house. They were always there, and I told my parents but they never believed me, because they had bought me the PSX by then and they tought I was seeing these things due to an overexposition to the TV screen. But then, my parents saw the shadows and the got REALLY scared.

Takazoid

• I came here to kick ass and kick ass
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 19 August, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
Got two
1- When i was young, I used to not be able to sleep because of some weird thing on my T.V
I would sit there for hours and just watch it show all these weird colours, and i knew i was awake, even woke my mum and dad up trying to break my T.V
It wouldnt turn off either, i would sit there trying to unplug it...
2- I will see something, or do something, then do it 5 months later, do it again exactly how i did it before

Pocot

• Donator
  • Respectful non-believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 August, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »
Hey you can kinda tell the future!
Do i ever get that pony i want?
... asks me the Time Lord  :joebiden:

Back on-topic, sorry  :simon:
"RE4 changed, RE5 Killed and RE6 hid the body. And revelations just tried to tell the family everythings going to be alright" (Mikkomies)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007730048/

JonSplitz

• Donator
  • doot doot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 August, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »
I dunno if it was the wind or paranormal but I was reading a spooky story and as soon as I got to a part on the story, the door slammed shut. There wasn't any wind at all. I think it might be paranormal but I just might be stupid.

Aresaka

• Creating iSolation
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 20 August, 2013, 12:05:36 PM »
Well this isnt something i witnessed first hand, per-say, but i thought i'd post it anyways.

My grandfather had Alzheimer's, and was in a retirement home since his wife passed away. My dad had traveled up north to see him, which later turned out to be the last time. When my Dad saw him, it was during breakfast. My gpa was sitting at the table just eating, alone, when usually his room mate eats with him. When my Dad asked about him, my grandfather responding saying "He's dead". Puzzled, my Dad asked one of the nurses and was told hes still very much alive. He went upstairs and found him eating in his bed. 

He returned later that day around supper, where my grandfather was eating alone again, except this time in his room. My Dad asked about his room mate again, "I told you, he's dead" my grandfather exclaimed. Turns out, his room mate died between the two times my dad asked about him.

I told a few friends this story months later at school, and when i got home, my Dad told me my grandfather had passed away himself.  Yup.  :stig:

Boomsicle

• Donator
  • Avatar and signature can get old, so why bother?
    • View Profile
    • Steam (Boomsicle)
« Reply #13 on: 20 August, 2013, 07:01:14 PM »
Yup.  :stig:
Maybe your grandpa meant he's dead to him hence why the roommate was eating in a different room?
:slower3: