Author Topic: I feel better now  (Read 6760 times)

Lylax

• RECB:RECV
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I feel better now
« Reply #15 on: 23 September, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »
For what?
Couldn't agree more.

Why not?  :stig:

mpvocal

« Reply #16 on: 24 September, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »
Usually many have a connection with a character in a game, but your case is different. "I feel better now" one of the last sentences of Simon in the game. And for some reason you felt better too, there are several explanations for this but I'll just mention one of them here.

Generally this connection between person and character happens when you do not have your own personality, do not you have your own emotions, and when you see an important "icon" , that in this case is (the protagonist, Simon) end up having a greater immersion than a ordinary person, and feels just like the character. And that is one of the reasons you have used the same phrase. but yes, the game has its moral lessons.

And for me, the fact of going to therapy sessions, only worsens the fact of being depressed because you think (Gee, I must be really sick to be going to therapy sessions) and then, you feel worse than it already is. I do not know the reason for your depression, but try to have real friends, enjoy with them, enjoy the time with your family.

And how old are you? 16-20? get real, the real problems are yet to come, life is hard, but we do our best to keep it as happy as possible. Make new friends, help your real friends and in return they also help you, we make our own way to live.

But hey, it's just my opinion ...

12URMarty

• I'm not crazy, at least i don't think so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 September, 2013, 06:19:53 AM »
Usually many have a connection with a character in a game, but your case is different. "I feel better now" one of the last sentences of Simon in the game. And for some reason you felt better too, there are several explanations for this but I'll just mention one of them here.

Generally this connection between person and character happens when you do not have your own personality, do not you have your own emotions, and when you see an important "icon" , that in this case is (the protagonist, Simon) end up having a greater immersion than a ordinary person, and feels just like the character. And that is one of the reasons you have used the same phrase. but yes, the game has its moral lessons.

And for me, the fact of going to therapy sessions, only worsens the fact of being depressed because you think (Gee, I must be really sick to be going to therapy sessions) and then, you feel worse than it already is. I do not know the reason for your depression, but try to have real friends, enjoy with them, enjoy the time with your family.

And how old are you? 16-20? get real, the real problems are yet to come, life is hard, but we do our best to keep it as happy as possible. Make new friends, help your real friends and in return they also help you, we make our own way to live.

But hey, it's just my opinion ...

family
My mom only , everything else is gone. But this doesn't bother me, she can put a smile on my face every time when i'm gridlocked.

I created this topic in here just because i don't have anyone else to talk with about all this, i'm around 20 now and making friends is extremely hard for me. I'm living in "virtual" life like many many others, i'm afraid the only thing i do now is making maps for portal 2 and playing video games. But i guess "getting real" is the only way out.

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it really.

Pocot

• Donator
  • Respectful non-believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 September, 2013, 06:23:18 AM »
Hey man, if you wanna talk with the whole coomunity, there is a thread for people who feel bad IRL :)

http://www.cry-of-fear.com/forum/index.php?topic=2060.0
"RE4 changed, RE5 Killed and RE6 hid the body. And revelations just tried to tell the family everythings going to be alright" (Mikkomies)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007730048/

mpvocal

« Reply #19 on: 25 September, 2013, 07:42:07 AM »
My mom only , everything else is gone. But this doesn't bother me, she can put a smile on my face every time when i'm gridlocked.

I created this topic in here just because i don't have anyone else to talk with about all this, i'm around 20 now and making friends is extremely hard for me. I'm living in "virtual" life like many many others, i'm afraid the only thing i do now is making maps for portal 2 and playing video games. But i guess "getting real" is the only way out.

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it really.

Relax man, I have friends, but I have only one real friend, that always help me in the worst times, one day you will meet someone "cool", a partner who will accompany you for your entire lifetime. There was a time in school I was very shy and sometimes some guys never leave me alone, and the only way to distract me was playing video games. But one year I met a colleague, who is now my best friend, who helped me in these worst times, and now I am a new person, totally different. And of course, I have not stopped playing video games! Just enjoy every moment, I also had difficulty having friends, but wait, one day you will know someone nice.

Pocot

• Donator
  • Respectful non-believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 September, 2013, 08:04:57 AM »
Relax man, I have friends, but I have only one real friend, that always help me in the worst times, one day you will meet someone "cool", a partner who will accompany you for your entire lifetime. There was a time in school I was very shy and sometimes some guys never leave me alone, and the only way to distract me was playing video games. But one year I met a colleague, who is now my best friend, who helped me in these worst times, and now I am a new person, totally different. And of course, I have not stopped playing video games! Just enjoy every moment, I also had difficulty having friends, but wait, one day you will know someone nice.
I completely agree with mpvocal: remember that life is a kind of journey (yeah, I don't have a better comparison ><), and each decision you take, each place you go and each people you meet make you someone slightly new. You continually change, that's why one should never lose hope, even if that hope is reduced to its smallest form, just a little sparkle in the dark.
I'd also say that you tell us the only thing you do is making Portal 2 maps, and I'm pretty sure it's wrong. I can say my life is limited to school, but I'd forget to mention my readings, my drawings, my video games passion, movies, and stuff.
"RE4 changed, RE5 Killed and RE6 hid the body. And revelations just tried to tell the family everythings going to be alright" (Mikkomies)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007730048/

PhilNye

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: 25 September, 2013, 08:18:28 AM »

This is very true. I wouldn't be the person I am today without the people I've surrounded myself with for years.

Inspiration can come in other forms too. My friends were instrumental in helping me find my identity all those years ago, but without music I definitely wouldn't be as happy as I am today.

Happiness doesn't happen because of success. Success happens because of happiness, and I can tell you that for a fact. People notice, and I've made even more friends because of it.

Dum spiro spero.

mpvocal

« Reply #22 on: 26 September, 2013, 01:43:17 AM »
This is very true. I wouldn't be the person I am today without the people I've surrounded myself with for years.

Inspiration can come in other forms too. My friends were instrumental in helping me find my identity all those years ago, but without music I definitely wouldn't be as happy as I am today.

Happiness doesn't happen because of success. Success happens because of happiness, and I can tell you that for a fact. People notice, and I've made even more friends because of it.

Dum spiro spero.

True, I forgot to mention the music. I can't imagine life without music.

12URMarty

• I'm not crazy, at least i don't think so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 September, 2013, 03:04:48 AM »
So true, i got a list of music tracks in my steam profile. They remind me the most brightest and darkest moments in video games/movies.

Edit: if anyone interested > http://steamcommunity.com/id/Debra/