Author Topic: Youtube Female Let's Play Commentator!  (Read 16959 times)

12URMarty

• I'm not crazy, at least i don't think so.
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube Female Let's Play Commentator!
« Reply #45 on: 26 September, 2013, 12:12:14 AM »
Great, you plan on playing any Silent Hill games ?

Gonzo

• Donator
  • a real human bean, and a real hero
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: 26 September, 2013, 12:30:51 AM »
stig from top gear

This. Whenever someone provides critique/say that they don't like the video you shouldn't get so defensive.

Lylax

• RECB:RECV
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: 26 September, 2013, 12:37:30 AM »
I'm really confused now. At one side sits the devil and at the other is the angel. Which is which?
I kinda agree that pointing out she's female wasn't indeed needed. But it attracts people right? What would've happened if she didn't point that out? Boys would've gone crazy like 'hey there hottie' etc. Dunno... Hope this doesn't get locked because of useless posts.

DragonNOR

• Voice Actor - Simon
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: 26 September, 2013, 01:11:32 AM »
I'm really confused now. At one side sits the devil and at the other is the angel. Which is which?
I kinda agree that pointing out she's female wasn't indeed needed. But it attracts people right? What would've happened if she didn't point that out? Boys would've gone crazy like 'hey there hottie' etc. Dunno... Hope this doesn't get locked because of useless posts.

There really isn't much black and white in this. The thing a few of us took issue with is wether she conciously used gender as a 'selling point' in order to get followers. When you're a "Let's play"er you should be able to float on your merits (e.g. making interesting vids) not your sex.

Personally, if I were a woman, and worried about attracting people acting the way you described, playing the gender card would only bring about more of that kind of people and faster.

I won't lock the thread unless the original poster asks for it or if it truly degenerates into unrelated posts  :)

Pocot

• Donator
  • Respectful non-believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26 September, 2013, 01:19:31 AM »

I won't lock the thread unless the original poster asks for it or if it truly degenerates into unrelated posts  :)
That's what is called DemocraStig  :stig:
"RE4 changed, RE5 Killed and RE6 hid the body. And revelations just tried to tell the family everythings going to be alright" (Mikkomies)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007730048/

Grindor

• Death Metal musician with an album in process!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: 26 September, 2013, 01:31:09 AM »
:joebiden:

mpvocal

« Reply #51 on: 26 September, 2013, 01:32:53 AM »
I have to say, for someone coming to a forum hoping to garner supporters and display who you are and what you do, you come off somewhat sharp. The first two replies were directed at Mikkomies who wrote a very reasonable and very polite reply to your original post, and you went straight on the defensive.

You claim that you're being bullied in this thread, but apart from a few replies debating wether you should've used 'Female' in your thread title, I don't really see any evidence of this.

By all means, you need to defend yourself and your work, it's the internet and people get mean. But there's a fine line between defending oneself and seeming like a jerk. Walk it carefully  ;) 
A little humbleness would go a long way instead of just instantly siding with the people who agree with you :)

Good point.

Boreasos

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26 September, 2013, 01:34:15 AM »
I think Stig said what needed to be said. Sometimes you need to be open to structured criticism, it is not the same as conceding defeat.

OP: Wish you the best in your youtube career. :)

Lylax

• RECB:RECV
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: 26 September, 2013, 05:48:15 AM »
OK nuff said. Can we talk bout her vids now? :)

mikkomies

• Loved this place
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: 26 September, 2013, 06:16:37 AM »
"Stigs long text"

This right here Sarophyte. I never meant to attack you or bash you. Your material is indeed good. My critic was only directed to the way you have presented yourself to us.

My TKIV 85 Fiona. 7.62x53R

Sarophyte

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 26 September, 2013, 06:34:00 AM »
This got way out of hand. You guys are jumping on the fact that I posted I was female. If you knew me at all you'd know I am not trying to use the gender card or shove my boobs on the camera because I have no respect for most female youtubers or streamers because of how they handle themselves. However, this thread has gone on long enough. I honestly am only defending myself because I feel a good number of you are extremely judgemental not on my videos, but on this post. This point was to tell me about my videos, not this post. It's gotten out of hand and if I can lock this post (I don't know how) I would prefer that at this time. This post is going nowhere at this point. It's all jsut "you said you were a girl blah blah" which wasn't the point of this at all.