Author Topic: Insomnia - CoF Custom Campaign (In Progress)  (Read 7422 times)

CanYouNot

• Donator
  • I question a lot of things.
    • View Profile
    • Insomnia
Insomnia - CoF Custom Campaign (In Progress)
« on: 11 July, 2015, 04:41:16 AM »
Hi.

Over the past two weeks I've been working on a new custom campaign called Insomnia.  :joebiden:

I'm not a very good mapper so pardon my poor skills. I know that the places look ugly and I promise that it will be a lot better in the end.

The details of the plot will be explained much later but for now here is the summary.
You're an unnamed protagonist (though, this might change in the future) who has got a problem. You have an alcohol addiction. A very severe one, and it has been messing your mind up drastically.
From these few sentences I can explain how the campaign goes.

Real World
So at the beginning of every chapter you will spawn in your apartment. In this apartment you do not have anything to fear as this is the real world. So these segments are completely safe. However, these segments are also a lot more puzzle based. You will basically be trying to look around your place. Certain things will be locked and will require items that you cannot get in the real world. In order to get them and learn more about the story. You must go to the other major area type.

Subconscious
In this area you are not safe. There is much to fear and you are vulnerable. The subconscious is a big subway system that requires you to get from Point A to B. While in these segments you will find items that you might not necessarily need for that map. You might be given a key of which you're like "Wait, there are no doors in this map" or something like that. If you keep hold of that key you may get rewarded for it.  :yow:

I only just started this project and so far I have 2 maps shown in the screenshots below.
There are some missing things and some ugly models so please excuse me as I literally just started the first Real World map yesterday.

The following map on the other hand was started 2 weeks ago. It was made with a different plot in mind but I was able to maintain the placement of enemies etc. by moving it's location in the story to Chapter 2.

So basically, the subway map is from Chapter 2. While the Room is from Chapter 1.  :stig:

Once I finish up writing the plot I can confirm how many chapters there are. It will definitely be less than 5. Sorry if you think that it's short but I don't a very open schedule.

I'm also making my own custom textures for many of the models. In picture of the real world you can see some things have textures that I took from real life! I'm also making music, sounds and vgui stuff.  :)

I hope that you guys are interested. If you want to hear more I will try my best to regularly update this page.

ModDB page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/insomnia1
« Last Edit: 12 July, 2015, 10:55:44 PM by CanYouNot »
I'm pretty adept at what I do.
My only drawback is my lack of focus.

levit123

• Donator
  • I'm the leader, mapper, and animator of Alone.
    • View Profile
    • Alone - Cry of Fear Mod
Re: Insomnia - CoF Custom Campaign (In Progress)
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2015, 05:17:20 AM »
Seems cool! The maps look pretty good for how early they are. Don't know if you know this, but there's a WIP (work-in-progress) thread on this forum, in the "Modding discussion and showcase" board. I think that the people there would be really interested in seeing some more of your stuff on that page! One last thing: have you made a ModDB page for your Campaign yet?
Are you surprised when sentences don't end as you potato?

CanYouNot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Insomnia
« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2015, 05:31:08 AM »
Seems cool! The maps look pretty good for how early they are. Don't know if you know this, but there's a WIP (work-in-progress) thread on this forum, in the "Modding discussion and showcase" board. I think that the people there would be really interested in seeing some more of your stuff on that page! One last thing: have you made a ModDB page for your Campaign yet?

Sure I can share some stuff on that board!  :)
Would a ModDB page help?   :P I don't know how ModDB really works.

Also thank you for reading my post.
« Last Edit: 11 July, 2015, 05:37:25 AM by CanYouNot »

levit123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2015, 05:44:29 AM »
No probs! Yeah, a ModDB page would really help spread the word, and it's the ideal place to post screenshots and updates. Basically, once you create a basic ModDB page listed under "Cry of Fear" and "Mods", you can post screenshots, news posts, updates, videos, etc., whenever you have something that you want to show off. Thankfully, ModDB isn't super strict about how often you can go without posting. You can go months, even a year or two, without posting a new update, and they won't take it down or penalize you, so long as you are actually working on it. Also, people can Follow your mod, so that way, when there is an update, they will be notified immediately.

Don't know if you already knew all the stuff that I just said, but either way, I hoped it helped. If you do decide to create a ModDB page (which I suggest you do, if you want to), just shoot me a message on either this forum or on ModDB (username is "wolfsushi", without quotations), and I'll follow it, and, if you want me to, I'll share it on my social media pages so as to spread the word.

CanYouNot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Insomnia
« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2015, 05:53:22 AM »
No probs! Yeah, a ModDB page would really help spread the word, and it's the ideal place to post screenshots and updates. Basically, once you create a basic ModDB page listed under "Cry of Fear" and "Mods", you can post screenshots, news posts, updates, videos, etc., whenever you have something that you want to show off. Thankfully, ModDB isn't super strict about how often you can go without posting. You can go months, even a year or two, without posting a new update, and they won't take it down or penalize you, so long as you are actually working on it. Also, people can Follow your mod, so that way, when there is an update, they will be notified immediately.

Don't know if you already knew all the stuff that I just said, but either way, I hoped it helped. If you do decide to create a ModDB page (which I suggest you do, if you want to), just shoot me a message on either this forum or on ModDB (username is "wolfsushi", without quotations), and I'll follow it, and, if you want me to, I'll share it on my social media pages so as to spread the word.

Thanks man. I'm going to make a ModDB page now and I'll update this page with the link soon. I'll be sure to keep updating this!

levit123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2015, 06:12:14 AM »
Great! Can't wait to see more progress! Keep up the good work, and good luck!

Plumtree

• Donator
  • The only emotion cats feel is pity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 July, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »
Awesome! Its nice to see that people are still interested cry of fear!
That wasn't very cash money of you.

ruMpel

• Lead & Level/General Artist
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Cry of Fear
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 14 July, 2015, 03:09:49 AM »
Good stuff! Keep it up!

Zufeng

• Goddamn miracle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 23 November, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »
Hey,how its going?