Author Topic: Custom keypad Code?  (Read 5948 times)

levit123

• Donator
  • I'm the leader, mapper, and animator of Alone.
    • View Profile
    • Alone - Cry of Fear Mod
Custom keypad Code?
« on: 05 August, 2015, 04:18:17 AM »
I've copied and pasted the keypad-related entities from c_asylum in the CoF SDK (excluding cod_updatekeypad and the sicksimon model) into my own map. I've designed the map so that the player comes across a cof_document that says the intended code for the keypad. I tested out the keypad, and the keypad-image interface came up, allowing me to click the numbers of the keypad.

However, I do not know how to change the actual code that the keypad uses; I've even tried entering all the different keypads from c_asylum, since I copied it from that map, yet it wouldn't work.

I'd really like to know how to set the designated code for a keypad, and I couldn't find anything that gave a direct answer on the forums (I did find BulletProofs/Burret's Stairway .rmf from this http://www.cry-of-fear.com/forum/index.php?topic=2051.0, but the download link was dead :wheelchair: )

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out, even if you just post a functioning link of BulletProof's/Burret's Stairway keypad .rmf.

Thanks again.
Are you surprised when sentences don't end as you potato?

ZikShadow

• Somehow, i'm still alive.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom keypad Code?
« Reply #1 on: 05 August, 2015, 05:15:35 AM »
I had a search through my old stuff and found this.
Hope this helps.

https://www.mediafire.com/?kxmkjjudgf3q5h8

levit123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 August, 2015, 08:51:30 AM »
That moment when you realized that keeping old, unused files actually helps :joebiden:.

Seriously though, thank you so much; I'll be sure to hold on to this.

However, I took a look at it, and, as it was shown in the .rmf, the cof_updatekeypad is used to target the sicksimon model, which has chest nums (numbers on the model) which determines the code.

My question is, can this be done without using a env_model? Or, if I have to use an env_model, how could I modify, say, the generic_note.mdl to determine the code?

Hope I'm not asking too many questions; thanks for the help.

ZikShadow

• Somehow, i'm still alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 August, 2015, 09:02:45 AM »
If it's about using the code in a note, no idea.

If it's about the numbers on the model, i think you just simply had to have the note use the same submodels sickhold.mdl uses to determine the numbers, different submodel with different numbers.

levit123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 August, 2015, 09:18:52 AM »
If it's about using the code in a note, no idea.

If it's about the numbers on the model, i think you just simply had to have the note use the same submodels sickhold.mdl uses to determine the numbers, different submodel with different numbers.

Thanks! I'm working on creating a custom note model right now; I'll make a quick edit to this post once I'm done.

immellabroodo

• ICQ Messenger - 658442247
    • View Profile
    • Email
Custom keypad Code
« Reply #5 on: 29 August, 2019, 07:19:50 PM »
Other variant is possible also