Author Topic: Cry of Fear 2015 and beyond.  (Read 4797 times)

Johnny Public

• Fresh One
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cry of Fear 2015 and beyond.
« on: 09 October, 2015, 01:59:13 AM »
Well, it's been over 2, 3 years since...anything, we haven't heard anything much from ruMPelstiltskin, and I just made a stupid decision by recently registering my bored ass to this forum. So mainly I'm asking is, will the source code or whatever be available, can we have a chance to improve shit, like the goddamn multiplayer for starters, and, I don't know, disable donations, because it's been proven this is deader than dodo disco. I'm sorry, but that's my two fucking cents.

DragonNOR

• Voice Actor - Simon
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cry of Fear 2015 and beyond.
« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2015, 02:05:30 AM »
First of, welcome to the forums :)

I'm not quite sure what else you expected during that time as the team has stated quite clearly after the most recent patch back in the day was the final addition to Cry of Fear.

The amount of material that is open to the public currently is all that we are allowed to share, and any problems still present in the current build are unfixable due to our own limited access or simply that Half Life 1 is a very old game and doesn't quite manage to keep up with current day software.

The donations button will still be open if somebody wishes to donate because they liked the game, but the game itself is no longer being worked on and no patches are coming in the future from the team.

ruMpel

• Lead & Level/General Artist
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Cry of Fear
    • Email
Re: Cry of Fear 2015 and beyond.
« Reply #2 on: 12 October, 2015, 07:05:14 PM »
First of, welcome to the forums :)

I'm not quite sure what else you expected during that time as the team has stated quite clearly after the most recent patch back in the day was the final addition to Cry of Fear.

The amount of material that is open to the public currently is all that we are allowed to share, and any problems still present in the current build are unfixable due to our own limited access or simply that Half Life 1 is a very old game and doesn't quite manage to keep up with current day software.

The donations button will still be open if somebody wishes to donate because they liked the game, but the game itself is no longer being worked on and no patches are coming in the future from the team.

Thanks Stig! Pretty much exactly what he said.