Author Topic: Night Vision Flickering  (Read 1926 times)

Soylent Bacon

• The internet is you in a padded cell talking aloud
    • View Profile
Night Vision Flickering
« on: 02 March, 2012, 04:04:41 AM »
Now this one might be because of integrated graphics on my laptop.  I accept that possibility.

Still, just in case there is a fix (or if it's a bug that happens to decent graphic cards as well):  The gas mask's night vision looks washed out and flickers in an annoying way.  This happens as a result of the brightness changing depending on which direction I'm looking.  Adjustment of various settings doesn't seem to work.

I've attached two images.  "Bright.jpg" is about as bright as it usually is for me.  "Dark.jpg" shows how much the brightness changes just by looking a little bit to the left.  When looking and moving normally, this makes the screen flicker constantly.  The only time it doesn't look washed out is if I open the menu.

Specs:
Acer Aspire 5732z laptop
CPU:  Pentium Dual-Core T4300, 2.1 GHz
Graphics:  Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
4 GB RAM
My drivers are up to date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it's a confirmation that it's an unfixable issue with running this on a laptop.

ruMpel

• Lead & Level/General Artist
  • CoF Team
    • View Profile
    • Cry of Fear
    • Email
Re: Night Vision Flickering
« Reply #1 on: 02 March, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
This bug apparantly happens for everyone, even for me. We've already tried to fix it, but apparantly it didn't work. It's up to James if he can be bothered to fix it or not. :yow:

Soylent Bacon

• The internet is you in a padded cell talking aloud
    • View Profile
Re: Night Vision Flickering
« Reply #2 on: 03 March, 2012, 12:35:28 AM »
Good to know it's something that's being working on.  We fans appreciate the hard work you guys are putting into perfecting this game :)